Veterans Jobs

Students Veterans Already Applied? Current CMI Employees

Job Information

Cummins Inc. Field Service Technician in Rumst, Belgium

Field Service Technician

Description

Cummins Inc., a global power technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, engineer, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and electrical power generation systems.

Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, we employ over 77,000 people worldwide and serve customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 7,400 dealer locations. Cummins had net income of nearly $1 billion and revenues of $20.4 billion in 2017.

For our location in Rumst in Belgium we are searching for a Field Service Technician

Description

  • Completes preventative maintenance and troubleshooting repair activities on engines and related components at the customer site with minimal direction. 

  • Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs. 

  • Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools. 

  • Escalates unresolved issues to the Supervisor. Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field. 

  • Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens. 

  • Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation. 

  • Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislations. 

  • 90% of the job is on the Field, the remaining 10% is workshop

Qualifications

Qualifications

  • Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. 

  • Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. 

  • Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done. 

  • Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan together with your CSA

  • Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution. 

  • Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time.

  • Electrical Knowledge - Demonstrates knowledge of Cummins and industry standards on working with low and/or high voltage.

  • Mechanical Knowledge - Demonstrates knowledge of Cummins and industry standards by complying with all safe work procedures including Personal Protective Equipment to create a safe work environment; applies mechanical principles and theories using appropriate tools and procedures to diagnose and repair products safely and efficiently. 

  • Health and Safety Fundamentals - Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace. 

Education, Licenses, Certifications

  • Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution. 

  • Locally valid driving permit. 

  • This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations. 

Experience

  • Significant field service work experience

  • Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products

  • Customer service experience

  • Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred) 

Job SERVICE

Primary Location Belgium-Antwerp-Mechelen-Belgium, Rumst, Service & Distribution

Job Type Shop

Recruitment Job Type Technician

Job Posting Apr 4, 2022, 9:42:18 AM

Unposting Date Ongoing

Organization Distribution Business

Req ID: 220002FG

DirectEmployers